Tuesday 19 February 2013

This Is Me

So this is my Blog, but you already knew that!
What you may not know is who I am.

I am Donna Louise Martin and as I write this I am in my final year at Solent University studying Illustration.

So what do I get up to when I'm not at uni?
Well, I enjoy being a mummy to my gorgeous but demanding litttle boy.

If im not being mum or painting I have my head in a book. Once I pick one up it's really hard to put it back down again. I get totally lost in the pages and even find myself thinking about what I have been reading hours after I have put it down.

Book or Kindle? I use both!
I love technology but there's something special about the smell of an old book.

Reading is one of the many ways I find my inspiration. I find many things in my day to day life that inspire and excite me and get me thinking of ideas for illustrations and future projects and I interpret these in my own way. More about that a little later on.

I do have an obsession at the moment with cameo's and anything by designer Cath Kidston. I like things around me to be cute and homely, but this is the total opposite to how I like my art and work to be.





No comments:

Post a Comment