Sunday 24 February 2013

Presentation Document


This blog will be a tool to help everyone understand how I work. This is also a presentation document that will guide you through the process of my final major project outcome.
To start off, my project will be to illustrate short stories from British author Clive Barker's- Book Of Blood.
There are six books in total, each simply subtitled Volume 1 through to Volume 6.
They were published between 1984 and 1985. With the publication of the first volume, Barker became an overnight sensation and was hailed by Stephen King as "the future of horror".
The book won both the British and World Fantasy Awards.
The series is made up of thirty stories. The first being the Book of Blood and is the prologue that starts you off into the world that Clive Barker has created.


The book has since been made into a film by John Harrison released in 2008.
Also the short story The Forbidden, was made into popular film series The Candyman.
Another one of Clive Barkers books Hellbound Heart, was made into the well known film Hellraiser.






In this project I will read the entire collection and illustrate the tales that most inspire me.
I would like to try some different illustration techniques that I’ve not really tried much of before such as printmaking and woodcuts. I will still work with ink and paint, as I know this has been successful in my last projects.
I would like to put all the finished images together as a book of some kind. Are they just a book of images or will they accompany the stories? I am not too sure yet.
I would like to design a front cover for the book (or books) and also posters advertising the book.
I have also created this blog and will add to this every time I have done something new or had a new idea. I will document the changes my ideas may have and what I have found difficult along the way. This blog will give a clear idea of how I have found the project and what kind of hurdles I have come across on the way and what my style of working is. This will of course show my successes to and will show what I have enjoyed and been inspired by throughout the time scale of the project. I’m quite excited about this project because I’m going to be doing so much I have not done before, and is normally out of my comfort zone but I really want to challenge myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment